This week I'm sharing my Top 5 most-used self-care tools and I would love to hear your favorites too!
1. Part of my everyday morning routine, tongue scraping removes excess bacteria and can help prevent cavities, gum disease, bad breath and dental decay. It also helps improve sense of taste! I love this stainless steel option.
2. I also use Oil of Oregano every day - this powerful oil works as a natural antibiotic, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. I use one drop on my toothbrush every morning to help kill bacteria and boost immunity. Note: a little goes a very long way!
3. Dry brushing increases circulation, exfoliates the skin, stimulates the lymph system to release toxins and breaks down cellulite. I really like this brush - it has very stiff bristles and a removable handle to better reach every inch of skin.
4. My jade roller and gua sha are necessary tools to help reduce puffiness, stimulate circulation and help reduce the appearance of wrinkles. I never leave home without either of these items!
5. I have a journal obsession! I love to write down words, phrases and ideas that tickle my brain and always like to have a notebook close by - I love this luxe suede option and these fun options by my friend and local artist Lisa Kaw.
What are your must-have self-care tools?
Happy Summer Solstice! The longest & brightest day of the year has been observed across all societies and cultures from Egyptian to English to Aztec as a a celebration of light, joy and illumination.
With so much darkness and heaviness in the world lately, now seems like a perfect time to Lighten Up!
Working with the moon phases is an accessible way to deepen our connection both to nature and to ourselves. I find that honoring these rhythms of nature can make it easier to identify, recognize and honor our own natural ebbs and flows.
During the new moon cycle, the sun and moon align with each other, merging yang energy - the heating, masculine, assertive energy of the sun, with yin energy - the cooling, feminine, receptive energy of the moon. The balancing of these two polar opposite energies in the dark sky creates a powerful invitation to both let go and start new - it's the perfect canvas for a fresh start.