Tomorrow marks the Fall Equinox and signifies one of two days out of the year (the other being the Spring or 'Vernal' Equinox) when day and night are almost exactly equal lengths and the entire planet is most in balance.
Taking our queue from Nature's rhythms, this week is the optimal time to examine balance in our lives.
Taking inventory of each main area in our life can shine a light on areas that may need some more focused attention. Using some colored pencils and the graphic above, fill in the areas which correspond to your life right now, with 0-3 being not satisfied "can definitely improve", 4-7 being moderately satisfied "overall happy but still room for improvement" and 8-10 being very satisfied "achieving most or all of my goals in this area"
Reflection Questions to Help Restore Balance
1) Which area of my life feels most in balance right now?
2) Why is this area of my life strong and balanced?
3) What factors, habits, practices, people or support have helped me achieve balance in this area?
4) Which area of my life feels most out of balance right now?
5) Why do I feel I am struggling in this area?
6) How can I bring this area into more of a balance?
7) How can I take responsibility for and reclaim power in this area?
8) What am I learning about myself from this imbalance?
9) How will bringing this area into balance benefit me and those around me?
10) List gratitude for all of the support you've received and lessons you've learned in each area
For some Autumn Equinox ritual ideas to add into your life this week, check out this post! The change of seasons is also the ideal time to detox your body - check this post for my Top 10 Detox hacks, including a delicious kitchari cleanse!
Happy Summer Solstice! The longest & brightest day of the year has been observed across all societies and cultures from Egyptian to English to Aztec as a a celebration of light, joy and illumination.
With so much darkness and heaviness in the world lately, now seems like a perfect time to Lighten Up!
Working with the moon phases is an accessible way to deepen our connection both to nature and to ourselves. I find that honoring these rhythms of nature can make it easier to identify, recognize and honor our own natural ebbs and flows.
During the new moon cycle, the sun and moon align with each other, merging yang energy - the heating, masculine, assertive energy of the sun, with yin energy - the cooling, feminine, receptive energy of the moon. The balancing of these two polar opposite energies in the dark sky creates a powerful invitation to both let go and start new - it's the perfect canvas for a fresh start.